Our Students Say
Kenai Fishing Academy”
Return to the KFA Home Page
“The class far exceeded my expectations.
Every instructor was the leading ‘pro’ selected
for the instructional topic. We were up at 5 am and never to
bed before midnight. We fished till we dropped!”
“Overall it was an excellent experience.
On my two prior trips to Alaska I was a bit intimidated to fish
on my own. The instruction provided me with the skills and confidence
to now go out on my own in a variety of situations. I would
highly recommend it to anyone.”
“The price was outstanding and
the entire staff was friendly and very helpful.”
“I think there is no area where
the academy could be improved.”
“Great teachers and wonderful people
to be around. The wealth of information and knowledge they are
willing to pass on is unsurpassable.”
“This is an outstanding course
that incorporates so many great classes with great instructors
in such a short time. The only negative is the long days but
I would not change it. I feel lucky to have taken this course
before there is a 5 year waiting list.”
“The fly-in trip was Heaven on
Earth. This made the trip for me. I loved it.”
“Good lecture presentations and
“’Caring for your catch’”
was great. Perhaps four samples to ‘prove’ the recipes
“Professional. Very clean and direct
communication of techniques and tips.”
“I’ve had other bear safety
classes before, but this was really one of the best. I know
I will remember what the instructor said. This info may some
day save my life.”
“The food was excellent. My only
complaint is there was so much food I couldn’t eat it
“Compliments to the chef! Excellent
“The cabins were great,…really
nice facility…nice location.”
“It gave us a true Alaskan experience.”
“The Academy is excellent!”
“Unbelievable, wish it was longer.”
“You can use me as a reference
if you’d like.”
“I just had to email everybody
at KFA and tell you what a wonderful experience the ‘Texans’
had last week. It was everything we had hoped for and then some.
Please tell Dave, Gary and Noelle we appreciate everything they
did to make our trip so enjoyable. We were surrounded with professional,
kind and generous people the entire trip, and everything went
off without a hitch. Also, the lodging and the food were great.
I am sure I gained at least five pounds! Once again, thank you
for the life long experience and I hope to return to Alaska
soon. If any of you are ever down our way, please give us a
call. We would be more than happy to share some Texas hospitality
with you. Let's go fishing...............The Texans”
Would you recommend the Kenai Fishing
Academy to your friends? “Absolutely YES!”
- Class was run very professionally by all involved and I had an outstanding experience over all.
- The fly casting instruction was just amazing.
- I cannot say enough about the quality and thoroughness of this and all the classes taught during this course.
- Unique and valuable information presented in an interesting manner. Learned lots of new things I will use in the future.
- Overall the classes and experience on the field trips, with constant hands-on instruction by the college staff, I feel, took me up several levels as a self-sufficient fisherman. The whole week was so professionally executed that there is little room for improvement. I will be back to fish the Kenai area and will feel I know what I am doing. Before the class I really didn’t have a clue, now I do. Thank You!
- We had so much fun at the Academy, and learned lots besides! It truly was top-notch in every way and the instructors were wonderful. Along with the delicious meals, fun classes, and fishing, we really had one of the most fun and memorable vacations in a long time.
- The fly-in trip was one of the most wonderful traveling experiences of my life.
- Spectacular! The fly-in was an experience of a lifetime. Great application of classroom material in a pristine setting.
Return to the top of page
Fishing Curriculum | Fly Fishing Curriculum | Fees | What to Bring | Instructors | Home